Published by Mario Persona contato@mariopersona.com.br


A changed life - Uma vida transformada

  That which occurred seemed like a nightmare, but it was not. Once I was a healthy and strong man; but I became disabled. Another transformation was about to take place in a way I never would have imagined.

It was August 8, 1987 when I had a drastic change in my life. I was passing by a bar and decided to go in for a drink. I was not aware that there was a man inside who wanted to kill me. I had my drink and calmly walked toward the door. Then I felt a strong pain in my back and fell to the floor. That man had just stabbed me in the back with a knife. The blade penetrated to my spinal cord, leaving me a paraplegic. I would never be able to walk again.

At the hospital, I was examined by a doctor. After looking at the x-rays, the doctor told my mother if I did not die I would be disabled for the rest of my life. My wife asked if I wold be able to walk; and the doctor answered that if it should happen it would only be by a miracle. In medicine there was so solution for my condition.

A Disabled Man

There I lay in the hospital bed a disabled man. All of my thirty nine years I had been a strong and healthy man. I worked as a taxi driver in São Paulo City, Brazil, and enjoyed my job very much. It was not the earnings to be made in my job that caused me to enjoy driving, because they were not that much. The freedom I had to spend all my time in the streets is what I enjoyed. I felt the job left me free to occupy myself with women, games, drinking, smoking and partying. My desire was to have fun and I did not, in any measure, consider the future. 

My disability threw my mind into a whirlpool of thoughts and fears. How would I make a living? If I were never able to walk again, how could I live lying down or sitting in the same place? The lose of liberty left me without hope. I had spent one month already lying on the hospital bed when the first bed sores appeared. The lack of sensibility in my skin and my inability to change positions in the bed caused sores to appear where the skin was in contact with the sheets. Because the sores would not heal, my condition worsened day by day.

In an attempt to give the sores an opportunity to heal, they left me lying on my side night and day. They would not let me lie on my back any more. Soon sores appeared on both sides of my body. This caused the nurses to instruct me to lie on my belly. I spent many days in the same position -- alone with my thoughts, my complaints, my pains. I did not want to believe this was happening to me. In my bitterness I thought, "My God, what suffering!"

Things Get Even Worse

Very shortly an infection occurred and created a fever so high that medicines were not able to control it. The quantity of drugs given to combat the infection made me weaker and weaker. I developed a very serious anemia. The pallor caused by the anemia gave the resemblance of a corpse. At this point the doctors decided to transfer me to another hospital.

Arriving at the new hospital, I underwent a series of tests. These tests revealed a severe and very serious infection in the urinary tract. It was destroying my body. The infection was the reason for my fever. There I received better treatment for the bed sores. High doses of antibiotics were given in an effort to stop that infection. One month later I began to feel I was loosing my hearing. Tests revealed the excess medications damaged my auditory nerve and soon the doctor said I would need a hearing aid if I wanted to hear anything again. In my sad state of mind, it was no more a concern to me. I was already disabled and unable to walk. If I were to become a deaf person, what did it matter? I had ad lost all hope and the desire to live.

Back Home

I spent two years in that hospital. They were two ears of sorrow, pain, and despair. Days were filled with my looking up to the ceiling, looking at the walls, or looking down at the floor. Some bed sores had healed while others were breaking out. Infections would leave me and then come back. One day the doctor told me it was time for me to go home.

To return home was a very great shock. I had left home walking on two healthy legs; now I was coming back carried by others. It was July, 1989. Of my former health, there was nothing left. I was a destroyed man. Trying to escape from my problems, I began to drink regularly and smoke day and night. I constantly looked for ways to escape from reality that had turned its crude face toward me. I was irritable and vicious, even when I could get up to sit in a wheel chair. 

Very soon fights with my wife, who worked all day to provide for me, followed. She would come home at the end of the work day to find me totally drunk and violent.

Running Away from Reality

In January 1990 I made the decision to return to my home in Alagoas, a state in the Northern part of Brazil. If I had to die, I thought it better to die where I was born. I could no longer stand the life I was forced to live. I instructed my wife to buy an airplane ticked and she, poor woman, did all she could to accomplish my will. She worked all she could and borrowed money from friends and relatives until she was able to buy the ticket.

Before my departure, I received a visit from some Christians who gave me a Bible. I read only a verse or two but they made no sense to me. I had no desire to read that book. I felt I was condemned and had no interest about what God wanted to say to me. 

On February 11, 1990 I traveled to the state of Alagoas. By the end of that year my health had begun to get worse. The bed sores returned worse than ever; and the infection in my urinary track also came back. To make things worse, the town into which I moved did not have the same resources that were available in São Paulo City. This made my treatment even more difficult. At this time I was continuing with smoking and drinking without stopping.

Trying to Regenerate Myself

I vividly remember a rainy day in August of 1991. I had already been four years confined to a bed or a wheel chair. I felt I could not stand to live this way any longer. As I was drinking a cup of coffee and smoking a cigarette in the kitchen of my mother's home, with whom I had gone to live; I began to feel a heat inside me. The bed sores began to hurt, causing such great agony I thought I was going to die. It was at this moment I thought about God. I prayed the only way I knew, "My God, my Father, if I do not die now, I want You to give me strength to not put another cigarette in my mouth." From that day on I was able to live without smoking, but I continued drinking.

December 15, l991 came; it was the day of my anniversary. I could not drink that day because I had a bad cold. When Christmas came, my desire was to drink without stopping. It was eight in the morning before I was able to ask someone to buy me a bottle of brandy. I started drinking it with my brother. We had done with that bottle by eleven, but I wanted to drink even more. They finally had to take me back to bed because I had collapsed in the wheel chair. I was killing myself little by little.

I Did Not Want God

When New Year's day arrived, I asked my family to buy me some beer. They were all against my will. I had almost died from the drinking at Christmas, but wanted to drink again. Because they insisted on that, I made a decision: it would be the last time I would drink. They agreed they would bring me the beer. I took it as a challenge. It was my farewell to years lost in that vice. When they brought the beer, I drank only two glasses that put an end to my career as an alcoholic. My determination was coming back, but my Bible, still lying in a drawer, was forgotten. I still did not want anything to do with God.

My health began to get worse again and I tried to find room in the hospital in Arapiraca but was not able to do so. I tried to find room for treatment in a hospital in Maceió, the State capitol. I waited during the whole year for an answer that never came. I wrote to my wife who had stayed in São Paulo telling her I would like to come back home. She replied, insisting that I should be patient.

One Disappointment After Another

In November 1993, I had another disappointment. With help from the Mayor of our town, my father was able to get an ambulance to take me to Maceió. I made the trip happily with the thought that I would finally receive good treatment. When the doctor and the hospital director saw my condition and the bed sores I had all over my body, they simply decided they would have nothing to do with me. They sent me back! Even the hospital staff thought it would not be worth while for them to spend time with me. 

For two years I had been unable to sit down in my wheel chair because of the sores. At night I would sleep on a water bed and during the day they put, lying on my belly, in the wheel chair stretched out like it was a litter.

A Light At Last

My humiliating return from Maceió made me think there would never be any solution for my problems. I was able to get to sleep very late that night. Strangely, when I awoke, I felt the Lord Jesus was comforting me. That moment I opened my Bible and read a few verses. I realized it was time to make a decision, but I was still very uncertain. I was paralyzed, without any hope. In spite of my having, by the strength of my own will, stopped smoking and drinking, I still had no peace.

On November 20, 1993, at about two o'clock in the afternoon, a van stopped in front of my house. Three men and one woman came out. When they se me lying there they asked me what had happened. I told them my story. One of them asked me if I was aware that the Lord Jesus had as much power to heal me as He had to save me from my sins. I answered that I did. He then opened the Bible and read in Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

That verse from God's Word convinced me I needed to believe on the Lord Jesus. I needed to accept that the Lord Jesus died on the cross in my place to pay for my guilt. I accepted the Lord Jesus that day and received Him as my Savior. Thanks to God I was then a new creature. My sins had all been forgiven and heaven became my sure and eternal destiny.

Back to My Wife

I wrote my wife telling her what had happened to me. She answered, telling me to come back to São Paulo because I would be welcome. She also had been converted. I thanked God. He began to show me that He had never abandoned me. He had always been there, waiting for me to accept all the love and care He wanted to give me. On January 6, 1995, I came back to São Paulo to my home. I was very well received by my wife. She soon took me to the Hospital das Clínicas where I could receive treatment. It was not long before I was on my to recovery from the sores and the urinary infection.

A New Beginning 

I had many things to learn. I was impatient and unwilling to wait for anything. The difference was I now had God's Word to teach me and the Holy Spirit to apply it to my life. One day, reading James 5:7, I understood what God wanted for me. He gave me the patience I needed. Glory be given Him for this! "Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he received the early and latter rain." 

From that day I began a new life with my wife, a life of peace and happiness. Even until this day it seems as though we are living in a honeymoon. What a beautiful thing it is when a couple of believers live in the presence of the Lord. It does not matter how great are the problems. The blessed Lord will always provide a solution.

A Savior Who Cares

Today I know the Lord Jesus loves me. Because He died on the cross for my sins, God has forgiven me. If the Lord wanted to reach me through my anguish, I could rest in knowing His will is perfect. What are the years of my suffering compared to the suffering His loved caused Him to endure for me? Today I can truthfully say, "The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1) Now, even when I am depressed in the bed of pain, I cry to Him from the bottom of my heart: "Heal me, O Lord and I shall be healed, save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art my praise." (Jeremiah 17:14).

For all that He has done for me, I want to serve Him wholeheartedly. I earnestly want you to pay attention to these words. Perhaps you have not suffered like I have, perhaps you were not stabbed like I was. Perhaps you cannot even imagine what it would be like to be paralyzed, but just like me you are a sinner in need of a Savior, in need of the forgiveness of your sins. God used suffering to attract me to Himself. I hope and pray He does not have to use the same means to get your attention.

Christ died on the cross to save us; He received from God the punishment you and I deserved. All that He suffered was so that you and I could be freed from our sins and death. But it is necessary for you to accept this, that you believe on Him as your personal Savior. It is necessary that you receive from Him the forgiveness of your sins in order for you to have peace. I sincerely hope you come to God, right there where you are, and make the decision to trust the Lord Jesus as your only and all sufficient Savior. Talk to Him -- He is waiting for you!

"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation?" (Hebrews 2:3).

  O que aconteceu parecia um pesadelo, mas não era. Antes eu era um homem forte e saudável; mas me tornei um inválido. Outra transformação estava para acontecer, de uma maneira que eu nunca iria imaginar.

Era o dia 8 de Agosto de 1987, quando aconteceu uma mudança drástica em minha vida. Estava passando por um bar e decidi entrar para beber. Eu não sabia que ali havia um homem que queria me matar. Tomei minha bebida e calmamente caminhei em direção à porta. Então senti uma forte dor nas costas e caí ao chão. O homem acabara de enfiar uma faca em minhas costas. A lâmina penetrou minha espinha, deixando-me paraplégico. Eu nunca mais seria capaz de andar.

No hospital, fui examinado por um médico. Após olhar os raios X, o médico disse à minha mãe que se eu não morresse, seria um inválido pelo resto de minha vida. Minha esposa perguntou se eu seria capaz de andar, e o médico respondeu que, se acontecesse, seria por milagre. Não existia na medicina uma solução para o meu caso.

Um Homem Inválido

Ali estava eu deitado naquela cama de hospital, um homem inválido. Todos os meus trinta e seis anos eu havia sido saudável. Trabalhava como motorista de taxi na cidade de São Paulo, no Brasil, e gostava muito do meu trabalho. Não era o que ganhava que me fazia gostar de meu trabalho, pois não era muito. A liberdade que eu tinha para passar todo o meu tempo nas ruas era o que eu mais gostava. Achava que aquele trabalho deixava-me livre para gastar meu tempo com mulheres, jogos, bebida, cigarros e festas. Meu desejo era me divertir e jamais, em qualquer medida, eu pensava no futuro.

Minha invalidez fez minha mente mergulhar em um redemoinho de pensamentos e temores. Como ganharia a vida? Se nunca mais fosse capaz de andar, como poderia viver deitado ou sentado sempre em um mesmo lugar? A perda da liberdade deixava-me sem esperança. Eu já estava há um mês deitado na cama do hospital quando apareceram as primeiras escaras. A falta de sensibilidade em minha pele e minha inabilidade de trocar de posição na cama, causaram feridas nos pontos onde a pele ficava em contato com os lençóis. Como as feridas não saravam, minhas condições pioravam cada dia mais.

Tentando curar minhas feridas, deixavam-me deitado de lado noite e dia. Já não permitiam que eu me deitasse de costas. Logo as feridas apareceram nas duas laterais de meu corpo. Isso fez com que as enfermeiras me colocassem de bruço. Passei vários dias nessa mesma condição -- sozinho com meus pensamentos, minhas reclamações, minhas dores. Não queria acreditar que aquilo estava acontecendo comigo. Em minha amargura, pensava: "Meu Deus, que sofrimento!".

As Coisas Ficam Piores

Logo uma infecção me atingiu e trouxe uma febre tão alta que os medicamentos não eram capazes de controlar. O volume de remédios que foram aplicados para combater a infecção me enfraqueceram ainda mais. Adquiri uma grave anemia. A cor resultante da anemia me deixava com a aparência de um cadáver. Nesse ponto os médicos decidiram me transferir para outro hospital.

Chegando ao novo hospital, passei por uma série de exames. Os exames revelaram uma infecção muito grave no sistema urinário. Ela estava destruindo meu corpo. A infecção era o que causava a febre. Recebi ali um tratamento melhor para minhas feridas. Doses elevadas de antibiótico foram aplicadas na tentativa de barrar a infecção. Um mês mais tarde comecei a sentir que estava perdendo a audição. Os exames revelaram que o excesso de medicamentos havia danificado meu nervo auditivo e o médico avisou que logo eu precisaria usar um aparelho se quisesse voltar a ouvir. Na situação em que eu estava, isso nem me preocupava mais. Eu já estava inválido e incapacitado de andar. Se era para ficar surdo, o que importava? Eu já havia perdido toda a esperança e a vontade de viver.

De Volta ao Lar

Passei dois anos naquele hospital. Foram dois anos de tristeza, dores e desespero. Passava os dias olhando para o teto, olhando para as paredes, ou olhando para o piso. Algumas feridas haviam sido curadas enquanto outras novas estavam aparecendo. As infecções iam e voltavam. Um dia o médico disse que já era hora de eu voltar para casa.

Voltar para casa foi um choque muito grande. Eu havia saído de lá andando com duas pernas saudáveis, e agora estava voltando carregado por outros. Era o mês de Julho de 1989. Nada havia sobrado da saúde que eu tinha. Eu era um homem destruído. Tentando fugir de meus problemas, comecei a beber e a fumar dia e noite. Procurava sempre uma forma de fugir da realidade que havia virado sua face cruel para mim. Fiquei irritadiço e cruel, mesmo quando passei a poder usar uma cadeira de rodas.

Logo começaram as brigas com minha esposa, que trabalhava o dia todo para me sustentar. Ela chegava em casa no final do dia só para me encontrar totalmente embriagado e violento.

Fugindo da Realidade

Em Janeiro de 1990 tomei a decisão de voltar para minha terra natal em Alagoas, um estado no Nordeste do Brasil. Se eu tinha que morrer, seria morrer onde havia nascido. Já não podia suportar a vida que era obrigado viver. Mandei que minha esposa comprasse uma passagem de avião e ela, pobre mulher, fez tudo o que pôde para fazer minha vontade. Ela trabalhou o máximo que pôde e emprestou dinheiro de amigos e parentes até poder comprar a passagem.

Antes de minha partida, recebi a visita de alguns Cristãos, que me deram uma Bíblia. Só li um ou dois versículos mas não fizeram nenhum sentido para mim. Eu não tinha nenhum desejo de ler aquele livro. Sentia-me condenado e não tinha nenhum interesse em saber o que Deus queria me dizer.

No dia 11 de Fevereiro de 1990, viajei para o estado de Alagoas. No final do ano minha saúde começou a piorar. As escaras voltaram piores do que antes, e a infecção em meu aparelho urinário também voltou. Para piorar as coisas, a cidade para a qual me mudei não tinha os mesmos recursos que encontrava na cidade de São Paulo. Isso tornava o tratamento ainda mais difícil. Nessa ocasião eu continuava fumando e bebendo sem parar.

Tentando Me Regenerar

Lembro-me muito bem de um dia de chuva em Agosto de 1991. Eu já estava há quatro anos confinado à cama ou à cadeira de rodas. Decidi que não poderia continuar vivendo daquela maneira. Enquanto tomava uma xícara de café e fumava um cigarro na cozinha da casa de minha mãe, com a qual eu fora morar, comecei a sentir um calor dentro de mim. As escaras começaram a doer, causando uma agonia tão grande que achei que iria morrer. Foi nesse momento que pensei em Deus. Orei da única maneira que sabia, "Meu Deus, meu Pai, se não morrer agora, quero que Você me dê forças para não colocar outro cigarro em minha boca." Daquele dia em diante eu consegui viver sem fumar, mas continuei bebendo.

O dia 15 de Dezembro de 1991 chegou, e era o dia de meu aniversário. Eu não podia beber por causa de uma gripe. Quando chegou o Natal, minha vontade era de beber sem parar. Eram oito horas da manhã quando consegui encontrar alguém que comprasse uma garrafa de bebida para mim. Comecei a beber com meu irmão. Acabamos a garrafa quando eram onze horas, mas eu queria beber ainda mais. Eles finalmente conseguiram me levar para a cama, pois eu havia desmaiado na cadeira de rodas. Eu estava me matando aos poucos.

Eu Não Queria Deus

Quando chegou o Ano Novo, pedi a minha família que comprasse cerveja. Eles foram todos contra minha vontade. Eu quase morrera de tanto beber no Natal, mas queria beber outra vez. Por insistirem tanto, tomei uma decisão: seria a última vez que eu iria beber. Eles concordaram em trazer uma cerveja. Tomei aquilo como um desafio. Era minha despedida de anos perdidos naquele vício. Quando me trouxeram a cerveja, bebi apenas dois copos que puseram um fim à minha carreira de alcoólatra. Minha determinação estava voltando, mas minha Bíblia continuava em uma gaveta, esquecida. Eu continuava não querendo nada com Deus.

Minha saúde começou a piorar outra vez e tentei encontrar lugar em um hospital em Arapiraca, mas não consegui. Tentei um lugar para tratamento em um hospital em Maceió, capital do Estado. Esperei um ano por uma resposta que nunca veio. Escrevi para minha esposa que havia permanecido em São Paulo, dizendo que queria voltar. Ela respondeu, insistindo que eu devia ter paciência.

Um Desapontamento após Outro

Em Novembro de 1993, tive outro desapontamento. Com a ajuda do Prefeito de nossa cidade, meu pai conseguiu uma ambulância para levar-me a Maceió. Fiz a viagem contente, com o pensamento de que finalmente receberia um bom tratamento. Quando o médico e o diretor do hospital viram minhas condições e as feridas que cobriam meu corpo, eles simplesmente decidiram que não havia nada a ser feito. Enviaram-me de volta! Até a equipe do hospital achou que não valia a pena perder seu tempo comigo.

Por dois anos fiquei incapacitado de me sentar em minha cadeira de rodas, por causa das feridas. À noite eu dormia em um colchão de água e durante o dia me colocavam deitado de bruços, na cadeira de rodas aberta como se fosse uma maca.

Finalmente uma Esperança

Minha humilhante volta de Maceió me fez pensar que jamais haveria uma solução para meus problemas. Naquela noite, só consegui dormir muito tarde. Foi estranho, mas quando acordei, senti que o Senhor Jesus me confortava. Naquele momento abri minha Bíblia e li alguns versículos. Entendi que era hora de tomar uma decisão, mas ainda não tinha certeza. Eu estava paralizado, sem qualquer esperança. Apesar de ter conseguido, pela força de vontade, parar de fumar e beber, ainda não tinha paz.

No dia 20 de Novembro de 1993, por volta das duas horas da tarde, uma perua parou em frente de casa. Três homens e uma mulher desceram. Quando me viram deitado ali, perguntaram o que aconteceu. Contei-lhes minha história. Um deles perguntou se eu sabia que o Senhor Jesus tinha tanto poder para curar meu corpo quanto para salvar-me de meus pecados. Respondi que sim. Então ele abriu a Bíblia e leu em Marcos 16:16, "Quem crer e for batizado, será salvo. Quem, prorém, não crer, será condenado".

Aquele versículo da Palavra de Deus me convenceu de que eu precisava crer no Senhor Jesus. Eu precisava aceitar que o Senhor Jesus havia morrido na cruz em meu lugar para pagar por minha culpa. Aceitei o Senhor Jesus naquele dia e O recebi como meu Salvador. Graças a Deus eu era uma nova criatura. Meus pecados haviam sido todos perdoados e o céu passou a ser meu destino certo e eterno.

De Volta Para Minha Esposa

Escrevi à minha esposa contando o que tinha acontecido. Ela respondeu, dizendo que eu voltasse a São Paulo, pois seria bem vindo. Ela também havia se convertido. Agradeci a Deus. Ele começou a mostrar que nunca havia me abandonado. Ele sempre esteve ali, esperando que eu aceitasse todo o amor e cuidado que queria me dar. No dia 6 de Janeiro de 1995, voltei a São Paulo e ao meu lar. Fui muito bem recebido por minha esposa. Ela logo levou-me ao Hospital das Clínicas, onde pude receber tratamento. Não demorou e eu já estava me recuperando de minhas feridas e da infecção urinária.

Um Novo Começo

Eu tinha muitas coisas para aprender. Era impaciente e não gostava de esperar por coisa alguma. A diferença era que agora eu tinha a Palavra de Deus para me ensinar e o Espírito Santo para aplicá-la em minha vida. Certo dia, lendo Tiago 5:7, eu compreendi o que Deus desejava para mim. Ele me deu a paciência que eu precisava. Glória a Ele por isso! "Sede pois, irmãos, pacientes até à vinda do Senhor. Eis que o lavrador espera o precioso fruto da terra, aguardando-o com paciência, até que receba a chuva temporã e serôdia."

Daquele dia em diante comecei uma nova vida com minha esposa, uma vida de paz e felicidade. Até hoje parece que estamos vivendo em lua de mel. Que coisa maravilhosa é quando um casal crente vive na presença do Senhor. Não importa quão grandes sejam os problemas. O bendito Senhor sempre tem uma solução.

Um Salvador que Se Importa

Hoje sei que o Senhor Jesus me ama. Porque Ele morreu na cruz por meus pecados, Deus me perdoou. Se o Senhor quis me alcançar através de minha angústia, posso descansar por saber que a Sua vontade é perfeita. O que são os anos de meu sofrimento comparados com o sofrimento que o Seu amor fez Ele passar por mim? Hoje posso dizer sinceramente, "o Senhor é meu Pastor, nada me faltará" (Salmo 23:1). Agora, mesmo quando estou deprimido no leito de dores, clamo a Ele do fundo do meu coração: "Cura-me, SENHOR, e sararei; salva-me, e serei salvo; porque Tu és o meu louvor." (Jeremias 17:14).

Por tudo o que Ele me fez, quero servi-Lo de coração. Desejo, sinceramente, que você preste atenção a estas palavras. Talvez você não tenha sofrido como eu, talvez nunca tenha sido esfaqueado como eu fui. Talvez você nem imagine o que é ficar paralítico, mas assim como eu, você é um pecador que precisa de um Salvador, que precisa de perdão para seus pecados. Deus usou o sofrimento para me atrair a Ele. Espero e oro que Ele não tenha que usar os mesmos meios para chamar sua atenção.

Cristo morreu na cruz para nos salvar; Ele recebeu de Deus o castigo que você e eu merecemos. Tudo o que Ele sofreu foi para que você e eu pudéssemos ficar livres de nossos pecados e da morte. Mas é necessário que você aceite isto, que você creia nEle como seu Salvador pessoal. É preciso que você receba dEle o perdão de seus pecados para poder ter paz. Espero sinceramente que você vá a Deus, aí mesmo onde você está, e tome a decisão de crer no Senhor Jesus como seu único e todo suficiente Salvador. Fale com Ele -- Ele está esperando por você!

"Como escaparemos nós, se não atentarmos para uma tão grande salvação?" (Hebreus 2:3).  

Dear reader,

This is just another way to tell you that Jesus came to this world to save you. Because He loves you. Just
click here to know how much. Now, what will YOU do about this? Want an idea? Click here.

Before you ask, this is a personal site. It is not related to, nor owned by, any religious group, church, denomination or organization. I am not a pastor, priest or anything like that. I am a person just like you. Because I was a lost sinner and the Lord Jesus found me and saved me, this is the way I found to tell everybody else about Him. Do you want to know how I was saved?
Click here.

Oh, yes, you would like to know if I attend to any kind of church or Christian meetings, right? Ok,
click here to learn how I believe Christians should gather together. This is the way I and others are gathered, in the name of Jesus alone.

Do you have any question or comments?
Click here to send me an email. If you want to know more about the story of this site, click here. If you want to learn more about the Bible, visit Chapter-a-Day and read a daily message. To send this page's address to a friend, use the form below. I am happy you are here.

Mario Persona

Prezado leitor,

Esta é apenas uma outra maneira de contar a você que Jesus veio a este mundo para salvar você. Porque Ele ama você.
Clique aqui para saber o quanto. Então, o que VOCÊ fará a respeito? Quer uma idéia? Clique aqui.

Antes que pergunte, este é um site pessoal. Não está ligado, nem pertence, a qualquer grupo religioso, igreja, denominação ou organização. Não sou pastor, padre ou qualquer coisa do gênero. Sou uma pessoa comum como você. Por ter sido um pecador perdido e ter sido encontrado e salvo pelo Senhor Jesus, esta foi a maneira que encontrei de falar dEle a todo mundo. Quer saber como fui salvo?
Clique aqui.

Ah, sim, você deve estar querendo saber se pertenço a algum tipo de igreja ou reunião Cristã, não é mesmo? Então
clique aqui para entender como creio que os Cristãos deveriam se reunir. Esta é a maneira como eu e outros estamos reunidos, ao nome de Jesus somente.

Você tem dúvidas ou comentários?
Clique aqui para enviar-me um e-mail. Se quiser saber mais sobre a história deste site, clique aqui. Se quiser aprender mais sobre a Bíblia, visite Chapter-a-Day e leia uma mensagem diária. Para enviar o endereço desta página a um amigo, use o formulário abaixo. Estou contente que esteja aqui.

Mario Persona

Dúvidas sobre a Bíblia? Leia o blog "O que respondi".

Come, He Loves You - Amor! Venha, Ele Ama Você  
      Dúvidas sobre a Bíblia? Leia o blog "O que respondi".